Are you a front-end developer looking to work on a variety of projects and work in a close-knit team?
We are a brand and digital agency that partners with our clients to help them with their brand, positioning and product design. Our clients operate in the fintech, insurtech, SaaS and software sectors, and we help them launch, grow or pivot.
As a front-end developer, you will bring prior experience to the role to work on new and existing client projects.
You will work alongside a small team of designers and developers responsible for front-end development on a wide range of outputs.
- Sales and marketing websites
- Web apps
We believe good design goes deeper than the surface. That means we sweat the detail on micro-interactions and performance, as well as clarity of message.
When working with the designers, we will encourage you to be proactive to ensure UI/UX designs’ technical feasibility.
To enjoy this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. You will own features or tasks and are responsible for – independent scoping, development and testing
- You’re organised and can take ownership of managing your time and responsibilities as part of the wider team and able to work independently and remotely
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your own skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done – we are always judged by the last job we did
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other designers and developers, and you don’t take critical feedback personally
- You’re happy jumping between website and email development tasks
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes
- You’re excited to be a key member of a small company solving problems and make contributions to company processes and workflows
What you will bring; must-haves
- Previous commercial experience as a front-end developer
- Good CSS knowledge including CSS grids, flexbox, transitions, animations, and performance optimisation
- Good knowledge of Sass including functions and mixins
- Good knowledge of the BEM CSS methodology
- Good HTML knowledge including semantic HTML, accessibility, and SEO best practices
- Good knowledge of Git
- Good browser and device knowledge
- Good email and webmail client knowledge
- Comfortable using the command line
What you will bring; nice-to-haves
- Experience with a range of CSS methodologies – Atomic CSS, ITCSS
- Experience with CSS frameworks – Tailwind
- Experience with inlining critical-path CSS
- Experience with SCSS linting
- Experience with PostCSS
- Experience of Sketch or Figma
- Experience of Scoped CSS or CSS modules
What we will bring
- We believe that every designer or developer who works with Taylor/Thomas should have the room to grow, and we will give you the autonomy to work on key client accounts
- Once ‘normal’ returns, we will adopt a blended office model; you will work from home and meet up with the team in our Clerkenwell, London studio, depending on the need
- We are a small team, so you will get to understand the mechanics of running a design business and work closely with other designers and developers
- A variety of projects and challenges
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Support with learning and self-development – training and conferences
- Christmas office shut down
Does this sound like you?
If it does, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter or email – this is the 21st century, after all – to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us:
- Why you want to work for Taylor/Thomas, and what interests you about our clients and work
- Why you’re a good fit for this role
- Work you are proud of and why
- What you are like as a person and what interests you outside of development