Are you a smart, efficient and versatile UI and UX designer with the skills and confidence to help move the needle for our clients?
We are a brand and digital agency that partners with our clients to help them with their brand, positioning and product design. Our clients operate in the fintech, insurtech, SaaS and software sectors, and we help them launch, grow or pivot.
As a senior UI and UX designer, you will bring prior experience to the role to work on new and existing client projects.
You will be responsible for taking client briefs, understanding what problem you are trying to solve, and help solve those problems through wireframing, UI and UX design for client websites and products.
You will work alongside a small team made up of designers and developers and embed yourself in our clients’ teams.
Some of our best clients come to us to help them solve their brand and positioning and translate brand elements at an atomic level in their SaaS or software product.
You will be responsible for applying UI and UX principles to a range of outcomes.
- Sales and marketing websites
- Product design
- Design systems
We love solving complex problems with simple and elegant solutions for businesses that believe in design and customer-centricity. Therefore, you will need to immerse yourself in their world, question everything, and not be afraid to ask ‘why?’
We believe good design goes deeper than the surface and good design stems from asking the right questions and looking at problems through the lens of a user.
What you will bring; must-haves
- A deep understanding of UI and UX design across website and product design
- Be curious about design, the design industry and keep abreast of industry trends and technology
- A meticulous approach and a keen eye for detail – ‘big picture’ and ‘detail’ sit at the same table
- A good communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to understand markets and sectors our clients serve and walk in the shoes of their customers – we serve fintech, insurtech, SaaS and software businesses, so you must know what problem they are trying to solve
- Be efficient, organised, self-motivated and eager to learn
- Be self-critical as well as receive internal and external feedback, but also be able to defend why you made individual design decisions
- Be client-facing, work on key client accounts and embed yourself in their teams
- Experience using design, prototyping and handover tools including Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Whether you are working with our development team or our client’s development team, consider the impact of design decisions
- Traditional design skills including typography, image manipulation
- Happy to work on B2B smaller startups and SME clients – knowing we can make the most significant change for these businesses
What you will bring; nice-to-haves
- Previous experience working on fintech platforms and an understanding of finance
- Previous experience in carving out website narratives and thinking about the overall positioning and messaging for clients whose message lacks clarity
- 2D animation using After Effects and Bodymovin
What we will bring
- We believe that every designer or developer who works with Taylor/Thomas should have the room to grow, and we will give you the autonomy to work on key client accounts
- Once ‘normal’ returns, we will adopt a blended office model; you will work from home and meet up with the team in our Clerkenwell, London studio, depending on the need
- We are a small team, so you will get to understand the mechanics of running a design business and work closely with other designers and developers
- A variety of projects and challenges
- £45,000 to £55,000 salary, depending on experience
- Support with learning and self-development – training and conferences
- Christmas office shut down
Does this sound like you?
If it does, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter or email – this is the 21st century, after all – to email@example.com telling us:
- Why you want to work for Taylor/Thomas, and what interests you about our clients and work
- Why you’re a good fit for this role
- Work you are proud of and why
- What you are like as a person and what interests you outside of design