Are you an account and project manager looking to work on a variety of projects and work in a close-knit team?
We are a brand and digital agency that partners with our clients to help them launch, grow or pivot. Our clients operate in the fintech, insurtech, SaaS and software sectors, and we deliver branding, positioning and product design.
As an account and project manager, you will bring prior experience to the role to work on new and existing client projects and retainers. You will work closely with our clients to understand their needs, interpret them and brief our small team of designers and developers.
We strive for long-term relationships with our clients, so therefore in-depth knowledge of their business is vital to a successful outcome.
As a project manager, you’ll be a conduit between the client and our team, responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Visual identity
- Tone of voice
- Sales and marketing websites
- Day-to-day collateral and communications
We believe that where the magic happens in design is within the discovery process. We capture client problems and distil them down to simple problem statements. This then becomes our north star. At the heart of that problem is the customer or user. Listening is a ‘super power’, and therefore it must be yours too.
When working with the directors, designers and developers, we will encourage you to shape our operation for better efficiency and client communication.
To enjoy this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. You will own features or tasks and are responsible for day-to-day briefing, planning and client communications.
- You’re organised and can take ownership of managing your time and responsibilities as well as the wider team.
- Able to work independently and remotely.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your own skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work, even if this is writing, rather than just doing it to get it done – we are judged by work we do, and they way we work.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other designers and developers, and you don’t take critical feedback personally.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes.
- You’re excited to be a key member of a small company solving problems and making contributions to company processes and workflows.
What you will bring
- Previous commercial experience as an account and project manager working within the design industry
- Laser like focus on attention to detail and an unerring commitment to quality no matter the size of project and output
- Love of language and excellent written English – you know the difference between their, there and they’re, get offended by the inappropriate uses of an apostrophe and can spot a typo a mile off
- You thrive on creating organisation and order
- You are proactive in spotting areas of opportunity for improvement internally
- Good commercial knowledge – we don’t always say ‘yes’ to client requests, we say ‘yes’ to their customer or user needs (remember our north star) and remember there is a budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you will be involved in a lot of client meetings and will be a key contact for some of our clients who have been with us for years
- Appreciation of good design
- Working knowledge of ClickUp and Harvest advantageous but not essential, and open to documenting company processes in Notion
What we will bring
We believe that everyone who joins Taylor/Thomas should have the room to grow, and we will give you the autonomy to work on key client accounts and help shape the business as we grow
- Once ‘normal’ returns, we will adopt a blended office model; you will work from home and meet up with the team in London, depending on the need
- We are a small team, so you will get to understand the mechanics of running a design business and work closely with other designers and developers
- A variety of projects and challenges
- £30,000 to £45,000, depending on experience
- Home office set up including Macbook, monitor and chair
- Support with learning and self-development – training and conferences
- Christmas office shut down
- Full-time role
Does this sound like you?
If it does, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter or email – this is the 21st century, after all – to email@example.com telling us:
- Why you want to work for Taylor/Thomas, and what interests you about our clients and work
- Why you’re a good fit for this role
- What you are like as a person and what interests you outside of work